Government Cash Management
I can offer: policy advice, project management, training and mentoring covering:
- Passive and active cash management strategies
- Cash forecasting [Note on Forecasting in UK]
- Database requirements
- Techniques and information availability [Presentation to PEMPAL Treasury Community of Practice]
- Calculation of the Cash Flow Buffer [Presentation to PEMPAL Treasury Community of Practice]
- Interaction with budget policy and execution, and monetary policy
- Co-ordination with fiscal policy; budget planning and budget execution
- Information flows
- Co-ordination with monetary policy; respective responsibilities with central bank; day-to-day interaction, including end-of-day balancing of accounts [Presentation to DMF Stakeholders' Conference]
- MOUs and service level agreements with central bank [Presentation to PEMPAL Treasury Community of Practice]
- Money market development
- Range of instruments
- Building bill and repo markets [World Bank Webinar Presentation on repo]
- Co-ordination with central bank and financial regulators.
Mike Williams: "Government Cash Management: Good and Bad Practice" (2004)
Mike Williams "Government Cash Management: International Practice" (Oxford Policy Management Working Paper 2009)"
Mike Williams "Cash Management: its Interaction with other Financial Policies" (IMF, Fiscal Affairs Department, 2010)"
Mike Williams and Mario Pessoa "Cash Management: Relationship between the Treasury and the Central Bank" (IMF, Fiscal Affairs Department, 2013)
Mike Williams and others "Cash and Debt Management: Interaction, Co-ordination and Integration“ in Carlos Pimenta and Mario Pessoa, eds, Public Financial Management in Latin America: the Key to Efficiency and Transparency (IDB, 2015)
Mike Williams"The Treasury Function and the Treasury Single Account” (Chapter 16) and “Debt and Cash Management” (Chapter 31) in R Allen, R Hemming & B Potter, eds, The International Handbook of Public Financial Management (Palgrave Macmillan, 2013)